Friday, January 8, 2010

TAO TE CHING - 1

Laotse's or Lao Tzu's book Tao Te Ching - I was looking for continuation for the Red Earth Wavespell as I enjoyed the daily posts, and on my way to the bookshelf that hold quote-and-quote spiritual books, I got stuck on a corner by climbs at a book I haven't read in ages "There is No Death" by Luukkonen-Kilde, the book was resting in a cart that said 'recently returned' I looked around it, as There is No Death is a "spiritual book and my eyes crossed paths with the word Tao and I was hooked - I opened the book saw it had 81 chapters and decided this was the continuence.

Now with that said - it is in finnish and the english translation here I am using from The Tao website. (http://www.thetao.info/english/english.htm)

The Tao that can be trodden is not the enduring and unchanging Tao.
The name that can be named is not the enduring and unchanging name.
(Conceived of as) having no name, it is the Originator of heaven and earth; (conceived of as) having a name, it is the Mother of all things.
Always without desire we must be found,
If its deep mystery we would sound;
But if desire always within us be,
Its outer fringe is all that we shall see.
Under these two aspects, it is really the same; but as development takes place, it receives the different names.
Together we call them the Mystery.
Where the Mystery is the deepest is the gate of all that is subtle and wonderful.


This talk about Mystery is perfect - I read yesterday the first two chapters of Deepak Chopra's "The Book of Secrets" and the first secret was The Mystery of Life is Real.

"In the deeper reality, you are part of EVERY event that IS happening now, has ever happened, or will ever happen."


Life is more than it appears to be - everything exists, everything is intellegent, there is balance, higher purpose, awareness and connection in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails