Friday, April 22, 2011

WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY

There are people who go on about life with a deaf ear to what the body wants, they are those determined to do what they want and nothing else - whatever might be needed is not listen to because it doesn't come from the Mind.
There is another extreme as well, the ones who are slaves to the wants of the body. The body sees something and it has to be had, new shoes - oh must get those, new tea - oh have to have that, new chocolate - oh I want that so bad! The filter never really kicks into gear.

Alright, so is there a Golden middle? If you've ever visited it, you bet your behind there is!

But what to give in to? Guidelines, anyone? No, I'm afraid not. There really isn't a universal way to listen to your body, for the simplest reason, we aren't the same we don't eat the same things, we don't wear the same things, we don't have the same genetic make-up - where the guy next to you might have iron deficiensy, you don't. Where the girl on your other side might have too much salt in her diet, you do not.
This is why there cannot be solid rules. We have to go by ear and start to little by little learn to intepret the signals and needs of the body.

Had salads for four days straight, and graving chips? Instead of saying in your head I'm graving junk food, give this a thought - salt deficiensy, now instead of chips, get the healthier option, try pickles. Graving to eat Fish - you might be in need of Potassium or vitamins A and D.

Why I'm blogging about this is because I've been a vegetarian for 8 months now, before that I still ate fish while otherwise on a vegetarian diet since last April, so since I stopped eating fish 8 months ago I haven't given it second though as a food. But then about two weeks ago whenever I saw fish in a magazine I felt like "yummy I want that" - slightly confusing. I first ignored, but as it didn't go away I asked myself a question. Why am I denying what my body needs? It isn't going away it would have already passed in a week, it isn't a want but a need, so why am I not listening to the messages my body is giving me?

That struck bit of a core with me, I am very attuned to my body and what it needs and lately I've been truly ignoring it. So what I did was get a fish for dinner, quit my 'dark months of winter' candy habit, and begun to exercise ( speaking of which after I'm done with this blog, I'm ready for my Zumba 50min Cardio Party! ).
Instead of just being about one dinner of Fish, this topic when thought about set off a whole flair things!
And the funny thing is I haven't graved fish sence. ;)

Sometimes fish isn't just fish, sometimes food is a key ingredient in a little life change!

But truly listening to your body, everyone should do daily. Atleast once a day have a really good listen to something that your body wants and needs - there is a whole world to Discover about yourself, trust me you know so little and there is so much to learn! And it can be great fun! Atleast I love nothing more than that Oh, That's Why! moment that comes out of the blue.

So wether its about eating something, buying new shoes or getting the right brand of tea, trust your body - it is capable to pick up color and pattern signals of things you need, but more than that it's a channel to your conciousness and mind to give you things that are right for you at the moment, and with them an insight to your life here.

Love your Life and Listen to your Body!

Off to get my cardio done for the day!

Love, Light and Joy!
Niina


( Want to workout with me? Check out Links my free workout video section under the Header, or use these two links: http://niinac.blogspot.com/p/full-fitness-videos-free.html & http://niinac.blogspot.com/p/full-fitness-videos-2-free.html )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails